2017 IDA Annual General Meeting & Conference
Reclaiming the Night
Policy and Technology as Tools of Change
November 10, 11 & 12, 2017
IDA’s 2017 Annual General Meeting presents the people and ideas leading the way in the cause to end light pollution. Join us for an exciting weekend with the agents of change who are passionately working to reclaim the night.
Hilton Boston Back Bay
To book with the International Dark-Sky Association Annual Meeting:
Follow this Booking Link
or call 1-800-HILTONS and reference our group code, IDA
- Student registration $25
- Current member registration by Oct 10th $100. After the 10th $125
- Non-member registration by Oct 10th $125. After the 10th $150 (which includes new membership)
- Registration plus new membership $150
Register now! Early-bird Registration is available through October 10, 2017.
Reclaiming the Night: Policy and Technology as Tools of Change*
Friday, November 10
- Inspiring Change in Your Local Community | Success Case Studies
- Understanding Society’s Fear of the Night and How to Overcome it
- SKYGLOW Project: Conversation with the Author, Photographer, and Filmmakers behind SKYGLOW
Saturday, November 11
- Emerging Technologies Revolutionizing the Nightscape
- Policy & Enforcement that Matters
- What Motivates Change (Concurrent Panel 1)
- Economics as Drivers of Change (Concurrent Panel 2)
- Human Needs in the Built Environment (Concurrent Panel 3)
- Views from Abroad (Concurrent Panel 4)
Sunday, November 12
- Diversifying our Community for Greater Success
- Open Grassroots Forum: At 30 Years, What Does the Future Hold for IDA?
*If you or your business is interested in exhibiting or sponsorship of IDA’s 2017 Annual General Meeting, please contact Scott Feierabend for opportunities.
Why should you attend IDA’s 2017 Annual General Meeting & Conference?
The International Dark-Sky Association (IDA) is recognized by many as the leading authority on light pollution and is the largest nonprofit organization working to protect night skies and combat light pollution worldwide.
The IDA membership gathers annually to share new ideas and a mutual passion for dark skies. When engineers, designers, planners, architects, astronomers, and dark sky enthusiasts from around the world come together in their passion for the conservation of the natural night, it sparks connections that lead to real change. Members return home invigorated and inspired in their fight to end light pollution.
This year’s IDA Annual Meeting & Conference in the Boston area will take place following the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo and the ArchitectureBoston Expo (ABX 2017). These events bring together the foremost thinkers on sustainability and green design.
IDA’s Annual General Meeting & Conference will feature inspirational speakers, including experts in policy and lighting technology, who will discuss how to effectively use these as tools to reclaim the natural night environment. The conference will also showcase the future of night sky, wildlife, and neighbor-friendly lighting, and provide plenty of meaningful networking opportunities.
This November, make plans to join hundreds of fellow IDA members and supporters who share your passion for protecting the night.