Fight for the Stars: Be a Knight for the Night©
A light pollution training with program offerings on two levels. Training Level One is intended for elementary students or above and Training Level Two is intended for middle school students or above. Get started here!
Wildlife Workbook (includes games or activities about wildlife and light pollution)
Individual Activities and Games from the Wildlife Workbooks
The National Optical Astronomy Observatory (NOAO) is the U.S. national research & development center for ground-based, night-time astronomy. NOAO is managed by the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy under a Cooperative Agreement with the National Science Foundation.
- Dark Skies Rangers: Dark Skies and Energy Education Ages 11-13
- International Year of Light Quality Lighting Teaching Kit Focus Group Files Ages 12-18
- Globe at Night Citizen-Science Campaign All ages
- Protect our Night Sky/Reduce Light Pollution Ages 11-15 (12-page PDF of information and activities from the Bush Telegraph, published by the nonprofit NaDeet, the educational core of NamibRand International Dark Sky Reserve, Africa’s first International Dark Sky Reserve
- Save_the_Stars_Ages 4-8
- Diorama of the Night Art Project Ages 6-12
- Mini Page on Light Pollution Ages 8-10 (4-page PDF about light pollution and good lighting)
- Outdoor Lighting Audit Lesson Plan Ages 14 and older
- Introduction to Lighting PowerPoint Presentation Ages 14 and older